After googling I came out at the following URI: https://docs.wso2.com/display/Carbon401/Changing+User+Passwords+in+the+Carbon+Database
This tutorial used the default h2 database, which was different to the MySql database we used, so I needed to tweak it a little bit to work.
The initial go failed already because I didn't have Ant installed, which is a pre-requisite.
* Ant is installed
* WSO2 ESB server is stopped
* The 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.27-bin.jar' is available in the WSO2ESB/repository/components/lib
Actions to be taken
- Navigate to the WSO2ESB/bin folder
- Execute the 'chpasswd.sh' command:
./chpasswd.sh --db-url "jdbc:mysql://<server-name>:3306/wso2users" --db-driver "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" --db-username <user> --db-password <password>
- Next you will get a prompt in which you can change your admin password.
Have fun with it!!